mirror on camera idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually I like the handle too, just in case. Thanks sjspeck. I'll try an automotive place.

I have seen some fishes using my dome as touch up mirror...

Jcsgt:
I'm thinking I might be able to capture quizzical expressions on their faces, as well.

As far as I can tell, fish lack any muscles of facial expression. That would mean that any "quizzical expressions" would be purely anthropomorhizing on our part and a function of angle and closeness rather than their little fishy brains being freaked out by a mirror. Not saying the mirror thing is a bad idea, just that it won't get you any more "expression" than any other technique that gets you close.

Sounds like a cool idea, Chantal. Many fish like anything shiny. I was trying to shoot a Copper Rockfish a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't keep him in my lens, because he kept nibbling at my stainless steel clip on the camera tether.

mstevens:
As far as I can tell, fish lack any muscles of facial expression. That would mean that any "quizzical expressions" would be purely anthropomorhizing on our part and a function of angle and closeness rather than their little fishy brains being freaked out by a mirror. Not saying the mirror thing is a bad idea, just that it won't get you any more "expression" than any other technique that gets you close.
I don't know, have you ever looked at Dennis's photos? I also would like to know what he's doing to amuse them so.:wink:

Old CD roms could be drilled out to fit over the lens port, or you could glue a stick to one of them too........

FINALLY, something to get rid of all the free AOL web access CD-roms!

Jcsgt:
I've been thinking about mounting a small mirror to the front of my camera system.

You may have a mirror already if your ousing has a flat port for the lens. I've notied that my dive mask acts as a mirror. and the port on my video housing acts like a miiror also. Here in So Calif. it's the gariboldis that seem to like to star into mirrors

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom