Miracle Waters - South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spankey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Who wants cold water :) currently 16 degrees centigrade @ 24 meters and surface temp is not much better.

L01_b09992399acda.jpg

Brrr.

It still beats having to sit around talking about diving. Miracle Waters can be a fun dive - in a way. I get a kick out of sitting in the bus, every time (though I may have been dropped when I was a child).

The big plus is not having to put up with a rough entry (we spent 5 minutes waiting for the right set to come through this weekend before the boat could be launched!).

We had 21 degrees C water this weekend with 25m viz on the Shoal. And sharks. (Sorry.) :)

Cheers,

Andrew

How your dives?
spankey:
Who wants cold water :) currently 16 degrees centigrade @ 24 meters and surface temp is not much better.

L01_b09992399acda.jpg

16c is damn coldest, you never wear gloves and hood....
spankey:
the dives were good, but cold. the vis was about 15m @ 5 but as you all know drasticaly drop with depth in these quaries, and man is 16 cold :)
I am from DBN and this is the coldest I have dived, and but the way, I dont have a hoodie or gloves

spankey:
I am from DBN and this is the coldest I have dived, and but the way, I dont have a hoodie or gloves

Cold !!! We dream of 16 deg . Visit us in Dec / Jan for some Atlantic dives - a balmy 8 deg or so. No drysuit allowed.

You should try diving in Finland. There's pretty much nothing to see u/w and water temp is around 10 degrees. On the surface it's around 20 but it drops as soon as you decent to some 3-5 metres. After that you start looking for some rocks or a log if you're lucky :) No seriously Finnish waters do have some nice wrecks but I haven't visited any of those :)

kapula:
...After that you start looking for some rocks or a log if you're lucky :) ...

LOL!

That sounds terrible. It makes me wonder why a dive computer manufacturer is based in Finland. Why do all the effort? :wink:

Cheers,

Andrew

AndyT:
Cold !!! We dream of 16 deg . Visit us in Dec / Jan for some Atlantic dives - a balmy 8 deg or so. No drysuit allowed.

Andy,

What are the temperatures and conditions like in October? I am coming down for a holiday and I am keen on getting some diving in.

Cheers,

Andrew

try 5 degrees c in March in the UK, it's tropical now in the Channel at 18!

Back
Top Bottom