Suggestion Minimum to use classified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems like 10 is working pretty well. Otherwise I'd have said 20 real posts would be better. (None of this "I need two more posts." I need one more post and this is it!" ... stuff.)

I think the minimum of 10 is ok. I would like to see it changed to 20 USEFUL posts.
I wonder if the forum software has a way to gate posting in subforums based on reaction score AND number of posts (e.g., minimum 10 for each).

Oooh maybe AI can be employed to become a judge of the value of posts....

Honestly, a 6 month hold an posting would serve a purpose to prevent just joining to unload stuff

Maybe reduce it with a paid Sponsor membership, or a commission on the sale ($100.00 min) to the platform...

I'm on other forums with much more restricted classifieds. Some you can't even view without paying for access let alone post stuff for sale.

Ten posts is a joke ..

Alt POV: Restrict the classifieds too much and the number of users/etc of the forum goes down.

I would not want to buy anything from a member who is not intelligent enough to spend the 5 minutes it would take to meet the requirement. If the ONLY reason you are here is to sell stuff then just do us all a favor and go to eBay or Craigslist.

Alt POV: Restrict the classifieds too much and the number of users/etc of the forum goes down.
Honestly the classifirds could go completely away and I would not notice. The marketplace is a minor feature in my opinion.

Honestly the classifirds could go completely away and I would not notice. The marketplace is a minor feature in my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. I have both sold and purchased gear on this forum and my experiences are for the most part....... completely positive!

Narrow take? We see it all the damn time. People who have been diving for years, have maybe lurked, but couldn’t be bothered to join until they wanted money from us.
Pretty harsh, I assume there are many like myself seldomly post but have spent countless hours learning here which by the way has helped me immensely. But I do agree that this shouldn’t be turned into Craigs list

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom