Minimal TG-6 lighting recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have commented on your photos before, but I have to say again that you have some amazing photos and video. I hope you have found a market for your talents.

Thanks

I just take photos and video as memory of my vacation dives. I live in a small village and we let the school use the videos and photos to show young kids underwater marine life. Apart from that not into marketing my photos and I haven't even put my name on them as you can see. If some people on SB and on Olympus camera FB groups enjoy them that is fine by me. Not trying to commercialize my vacation pics or be a social media star lol.

I have commented on your photos before, but I have to say again that you have some amazing photos and video. I hope you have found a market for your talents.

Some more to share to you and others :)

HERMIT CRAB.jpg
MANTIS CLOSE UP.jpg

Blackcrusader, where do you do most of your diving? We have only dove in Cozumel, Roatan, and the United States. We are looking at expanding further and want to dive the Red Sea, Phillipines, Indonesia, and possibly Thailand some time soon.

Blackcrusader, where do you do most of your diving? We have only dove in Cozumel, Roatan, and the United States. We are looking at expanding further and want to dive the Red Sea, Phillipines, Indonesia, and possibly Thailand some time soon.

Mostly in the Philippines and Bali and sometimes Thailand or Malaysia. I live in Taiwan so I like to get to places that have direct flights to various places. I can fly direct to Cebu Manila in Philippines, also to Palau which I have no dived yet, to Bali, to Thailand and to east and west Malaysia. Flights to Philippines are only 2 hours and the airlines allow you to pay for an extra 20kg checked in luggage for around US$20 so can bring all my dive gear.

Recently upgraded to a pair of second hand i-divesite symbiosis ss-2 strobes and very happy with them and the photos I am getting

Attachments

• a green turtle's bed.jpg
    a green turtle's bed.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 84
For nudibranchs and small macro, i don't really see the need of additional lights. At least with TG4 the built in flash allows for some crazy shots once you understand its limitations (minimum distance for avoiding shades). This and a hand held torch for night dives is a good compact setup offering tons of fun.

Of course strobes and video lights will allow you to get other photos otherwise impossible... but I insist they are not necessary.

The sample here uses the built-in flash and, perhaps in some cases, a small 30$ hand held torch.

Attachments

• IMG_20221112_093123.jpg
    IMG_20221112_093123.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20221112_092219.jpg
    IMG_20221112_092219.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20221112_165318.jpg
    IMG_20221112_165318.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20221111_163018.jpg
    IMG_20221111_163018.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20221110_212924.jpg
    IMG_20221110_212924.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 75
@hazmat - did you end up getting the Weefine? I'm thinking about it. I have the Inon 2000 strobe right now. I'm really curious if you got it and how it worked out.

@hazmat - did you end up getting the Weefine? I'm thinking about it. I have the Inon 2000 strobe right now. I'm really curious if you got it and how it worked out.
I did, and ended up happier with just the built-in flash. Simpler, which makes me way more likely to take it on more dives. Planning on selling the Weefine.

I did, and ended up happier with just the built-in flash. Simpler, which makes me way more likely to take it on more dives. Planning on selling the Weefine.
Are you using the PT059 housing? I didn't think I got enough flash from the camera with just the housing. Was there anything you specifically did NOT like about the Weefine? Were you doing macro or other kinds of shots? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom