Minimal TG-6 lighting recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the camera seems like a perfect choice for me. But knowing myself, I need to keep it really compact or I will end up not taking it on dives nearly as often.

I bring mine on every dive now even if not planning to use it. This very tiny sea moth came out great in super macro as did this sea horse. Maybe you can just use a torch like the other chap whose photo I posted. You will need a small torch or focus light especially in low vis or night dives so the camera can focus. The sea moth is from a night dive. I had my video lights on low power and you can just sea the shadow from them.

SEA MOTH CLOSE UP.jpg

SEA HORSE.jpg

This is what happens when I try to use a handheld torch handle a camera. And this is with the tiny Crosstour thingy.

My video lights on a night dive.... you can't really use a torch as they are too narrow in beam.

Wow. I'd never have guessed that was at night.

Damsels sleep at night with the clown fish. The video lights have a 120 degree wide beam and my lights can swivel so I don't have to point them directly at the fish for the video. Hermit crabs come out at night as well

This of a dive buddy with his TG5 and a video light on a night dive. I was using my go pro and Knog lights for this.

I don't think he likes you. :)

Yeah common with nocturnal critters and bright lights. This one I took with my go pro and knog lights on a day dive. They are not very powerful and you can see as the lights come into range of this octopus the colours come. Then you can see the benefit of my tray. I can put it down and back away from the marine life. Watch to the end though as this octopus gets bitten twice by a large fish but it was not bothered by my presence. I should have stayed longer. Unlike my instabuddy who drifts past me and looks back. He wondered why I like to film the rocks he never saw the octopus.

Yeah common with nocturnal critters and bright lights. This one I took with my go pro and knog lights on a day dive. They are not very powerful and you can see as the lights come into range of this octopus the colours come. Then you can see the benefit of my tray. I can put it down and back away from the marine life. Watch to the end though as this octopus gets bitten twice by a large fish but it was not bothered by my presence. I should have stayed longer. Unlike my instabuddy who drifts past me and looks back. He wondered why I like to film the rocks he never saw the octopus.

That's a beautiful one. Looked like he was looking around to make sure your buddy was gone.

I found one on a night dive off Saipan a few weeks ago which did something really cool. No only changing colors, but "stood" straight up to mimic the coral structures sticking up around him.

I have commented on your photos before, but I have to say again that you have some amazing photos and video. I hope you have found a market for your talents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom