Minimal TG-6 lighting recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you using the PT059 housing? I didn't think I got enough flash from the camera with just the housing. Was there anything you specifically did NOT like about the Weefine? Were you doing macro or other kinds of shots? Thanks!

I use the PT059 housing and used only the flash for Pigmy Sea Horses. I use my video light on 10% power and point it away from the sea horse but use the 120 beam on the edge to just get enough focus light.
Then flash for photo

P9190029.JPG

Are you using the PT059 housing? I didn't think I got enough flash from the camera with just the housing. Was there anything you specifically did NOT like about the Weefine? Were you doing macro or other kinds of shots? Thanks!
I am, yeah. Totally a YMMV situation I guess. With the ring light, I found it very hard to get any consistent exposures. Some too dark and some blown out. I got more consistent results without it. Of course that could also be lack of education on my part with the light. But the simpler the better for me, so as long as I can get good enough results with just the camera's and housing's lighting, I'm much more likely to take it on almost every dive. Photography isn't my main interest underwater, so I'm not going for National Geographic level stuff here.

Hmmm. Maybe I should stick with what I have. I don't like learning curves. I ruin too any shots! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom