Mini B

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I have a 27 cu ft tank that has dot markings on it but was made in australia for an english company then sold by diver discount.com in the United States. The problem is that it has an english metric thread on the valve and as yet I have not found anyone who can hydro this tank. Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks
max_dragon@hotmail.com

The DOT markings are a good thing as they make it possible to find ahydro tester in the US that will requalify the tank. If it is DOT marked it should either be a 3AL or 3AA standard tank or they will have the exemption information needed to properly test it. So the lack of specs issue should not be an issue.

That issue aside, the hydraulic fittings on the test equpiment used by a given hydro tester are probably standard, and should easily quick connect to the proper metric fitting for the tank - but you will probably end up having to buy the fitting yourself as no one is going to go to that expense for a tank thread they will rarely if ever see again. My suggestion is to get with the hydro tester to see what is needed to enable them to test it and then plan on paying for the adapter(s) yourself.

If it does not have DOT markings it cannot be legally hydro'd unless for immediate export from the U.S. A hydro facility that would hydro it is at risk to lose its DOT license.

Back
Top Bottom