Minesota diver dies in scuba incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On 9/9/10 a Minnesotsa woman died in a scuba related accident. Below is a reprint fom the Star Tribune.

A 58-year-old Minneapolis woman died Thursday afternoon while scuba diving at Square Lake in Washington County, authorities said.

Washington County sheriff's deputies, Stillwater fire and rescue personnel and Lakeview Ambulance were called to Golden Acres Campground at 15150 Square Lake Trail in May Township just after 4:15 p.m. on a medical incident report, according to Sgt. Matt Wieland of the sheriff's office.

The woman died at the scene. She had been diving in Square Lake, but no other details were available.

The Ramsey County medical examiner will conduct an autopsy, and the sheriff's office will continue to investigate.

Square Lake, a popular diving area with underwater attractions that include sunken boats and the tail section of a plane, is 68 feet at its deepest, considered relatively shallow for a scuba diving lake.

PAMELA MILLER

Sorry to hear it. I used to vacation there when I was young (a long long time ago).

God Speed, and my condolences to the family/friends.

Square Lake is heavily used for training, and weekend fun dives.

Weird. I did my OW cert there in 1995. Next to swimming pools, it is the most benign dive site I have ever been to.

The article says a max depth of 68 feet, but you have to swim a LONG ways to get that deep. I think the deepest I ever got there was 40 feet, maybe.

I am strongly suspecting a medical issue at 58 years of age, because the longer we live, the higher the chance of these things happening, whether you are diving or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom