Minelab Excalibur 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Celt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
My detector packed up yesterday and I would welcome any information, from personal use ,on the Minelab Excalibur 11. I have been using Aquapulse from Aquascan. Thanks

The stock shaft works ok for diving but sucks for land hunting. You can DIY a straight shaft for land hunts pretty easy and it will be much easier to hunt.

There are a lot of youtube videos on how to tune the machine for where you hunt and what different targets sound like. I found going through those videos pretty helpful. There are also a few good books out there but I forget the names. I'm not home so I can't get the titles for you.

As you learn it you'll realize it's a great machine. Good luck. Post your finds. Looking forward to seeing what you get.

Opps

C72BA39C-1021-45F2-BF2C-C5AD4CCA4D90.jpeg
769749C1-35C3-4860-87E7-C7649228FC63.jpeg
87B2E1DA-3A42-4275-9DC9-0E71A88DDB64.jpeg
The stock shaft works ok for diving but sucks for land hunting. You can DIY a straight shaft for land hunts pretty easy and it will be much easier to hunt.

There are a lot of youtube videos on how to tune the machine for where you hunt and what different targets sound like. I found going through those videos pretty helpful. There are also a few good books out there but I forget the names. I'm not home so I can't get the titles for you.

As you learn it you'll realize it's a great machine. Good luck. Post your finds. Looking forward to seeing what you get.
Thanks very much for that, found a few bits lately.

Interesting finds. I see gun parts and a cannonball, whats the brass thing, any idea?

Not sure

Wow. Looked like a copper rivet/nail about 12" long, frequently found around wooden ships.

Back
Top Bottom