Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the "Gate of Greek Archaeological and Historical Studies"?
:)

A group/association of individuals with a passion for archaeology, history, excavation, research, speleology, etc etc. Most of the team members are actual archaeologists in real life. Not part of the group myself, I just enjoy the diving :) They reached out to us to participate in the project.

:)

A group/association of individuals with a passion for archaeology, history, excavation, research, speleology, etc etc. Most of the team members are actual archaeologists in real life. Not part of the group myself, I just enjoy the diving :) They reached out to us to participate in the project.
So, similar to IENAE?

@virtual,

Ευχαριστώ. There is a reason that I ask that goes beyond curiosity. I'll ask them how they deal with the Ephorate of Underwater Activities. This is a delicate topic and I have not figured out what, if anything, has changed with Nea Demokratia being in power.

@virtual,

Ευχαριστώ. There is a reason that I ask that goes beyond curiosity. I'll ask them how they deal with the Ephorate of Underwater Activities. This is a delicate topic and I have not figured out what, if anything, has changed with Nea Demokratia being in power.

What type of activity are you referring to? It depends if you want to dive on an archaeological site which is clearly defined as such and whats the purpose of the dive? Hobby or otherwise?

What I know regarding cave diving here, I can tell you is that unless it is clearly marked at its entrance that its not allowed (being archaeological/safety, etc) or it is a private property, there is nothing preventing you from entering/diving. It must be clearly marked (sign, notice, etc.) or a known archaeological site. If it is, then you need a permit. All caves we have dived so far over here we have not had any issues whatsoever. Only once we had to ask the land owner permission for entry (which is absolutely normal).

The group as far as I know do dry caving. For this, as also stated above, you do not need any permission from the Ephorate.

What type of activity are you referring to? It depends if you want to dive on an archaeological site which is clearly defined as such and whats the purpose of the dive? Hobby or otherwise?

What I know regarding cave diving here, I can tell you is that unless it is clearly marked at its entrance that its not allowed (being archaeological/safety, etc) or it is a private property, there is nothing preventing you from entering/diving. It must be clearly marked (sign, notice, etc.) or a known archaeological site. If it is, then you need a permit. All caves we have dived so far over here we have not had any issues whatsoever. Only once we had to ask the land owner permission for entry (which is absolutely normal).

The group as far as I know do dry caving. For this, as also stated above, you do not need any permission from the Ephorate.
I am working on a "small" project that if successful, will enable a much larger project. And if that is successful....

Going to PM.

Nice!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom