Mindfulness of the path.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fookisan

Reaction score
Was on vacation in the USVI and BVI. While walking on the beach to photograph a cove with some sailboats I banged my toe into a large rock in the sand. Hurt it pretty bad and had to keep it bandaged throughout the trip as well as when I returned home. It was a real pain in the *** since the dressing was continually getting wet while diving or snorkeling and had to be changed up to 5 times a day. This experience also reminded me of the importance of a good first aid kit (which I luckily had two of with me.)

This experience also reminded me of a Buddhist saying "when one eye is kept on the destination it only leaves one eye left for the journey." I did not learn my lesson immediately after this experience though. An hour after I initially injured that toe, I hurt the same toe even worse when I hit it on some low lying stairs when I had my eye on a restaurant and was trying to make out their menu in the distance. Practicing mindfulness of the path can save you a lot of pain.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom