Millbrook - Oct 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Early Sunday morning would be great for me. I can make it at 8, but can also come a little later if NSdiver needs to start a little later.

I can make it at 8, no problem - its only a little over an hour from here (Annapolis) and I don't think the beltway should be too bad then. I'll have to remember to rent a tank tomorrow afternoon.

So NSDiver and ScubaBones, how about 8am Sunday morning when they open at beach 2? I'll be in a Maroon Dodge Ram 1500 pickup with an SCCA Racing sticker in the window. Don't forget to get a quarry ticket as well.

I'll be there - I'll be driving a green Altima. Do you guys know when "The" Dive Shop opens? I'd save $12 if I buy my ticket there.

It was great getting out and diving today. Nice to meet you NSDiver and cfairchi.

I just downloaded my dive profile, and this is what I show:

Surface Temp - 67 degrees
Bottom Temp - 52 degrees

It sure was cold under the thermal layer (about 40 feet). That 2nd dive I started to shiver at one point, had to raise up a few degrees!

Dive 1 -
Max Depth - 67 feet
Dive 2 -
Max Depth - 66 feet

It was nice seeing the plane and the swingset, but Benjamin Frankilin eluded us.

Nice to meet both of you today - was good to get out and do some diving. Also, I learned a few important lessons:

1. 52 degrees is extremely cold without a hood and gloves. Yikes.
2. It's a little tough to keep track of two buddies.
3. The left velcro strap on my (new) Transpac is too low - made it hard to get the valve high enough to vent, caused buoyancy problems (I will take cfairchi's tip of replacing it with a bungee, higher on the shoulder strap).

That being said - I was TOASTY on the second dive, kudos to my Bare Velocity 7/6 and hooded vest combo (the wrist, ankle, and neck seals worked extremely well).

Thanks again for the diving and the lessons learned.

I also had a good time. It was nice to meet you both. NSDiver, that is the exact problem I had with the velcro strap. This was my first dive with the bungee, I think I need to adjust it a little and find a way to keep it from sliding around. How do you like those Jet Fins? I was thinking about getting a pair. Did you get them locally? The split fins I have seem to be too flimsy for my tastes. If either of you want to go out again sometime, shoot me an email or PM.

Chris
chris@csfweb.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom