Millbrook Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my AOW at Millbrook. Agree with others' comments about navigation in that quarry. It's "challenging" and humorous sometimes where you end up (you get lots of practice with the surface swim and tired diver tow if your nav isn't good). The deep dive felt like a deep dive because it was extra cold, unlike deep dives I've done in the tropics with high viz which require the awareness because of gas consumption rates and nitrogen buildup, but don't "feel" deep.

The wreck dive was sort of lame, I thought. It was cold and I just wanted to get the hell out. OVerall, though, I highly recommend Millbrook for all kinds of training. The temps require gloves, which make your tasks harder, but again, that's better training for the bare-fingered tasks you might perform in warmer waters.

I haven't been to Lake Rawlings but I imagine that that is a more comfortable spot for training.

Anyone heading out on Sunday?

I was at Millbrook today - Saturday, September 24 for three dives. It was a beautiful day and very quiet. The air temperature was 74, the surface temp was 73 and 46 at 50 feet. Visibility was 5 to 10 feet. There were only about 10 - 15 vehicles at beach 1 with no big classes or shop trucks on site. Now that I can dry suit dive, I'm not so opposed to cold, murky quarries!

I did three dives today, Saturday, October 08, 2011, at Millbrook. Another beautiful day but not quiet anymore. There was a continuous line of dump trucks dropping off full loads of dirt to the right (south west) of Beach 1. Lots of dust, lots of beep-beep-beeps as the bulldozer pushed the dirt around and the trucks backed up. I would advise anyone diving at Millbrook to go to Beach 2 or 3.

Air temp was 63 F at 08:00 and 83 F at 13:00. Water surface temp was 73 F. The temp at the bus was 46 F at 50 feet and the temp at the airplane was 42 F at 70 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom