Military Re-breather restoration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys. First posting for me.. Question. A couple of us are in the process of restoring an old military re-breather DSCN6064.JPGfor our Commando Regt Army Associations museum. It's all there but the rubber bits are in a state of decomposing . I have taken picures of the unit and would like any advice anyone has. Perhaps there are a few bits out there.
Dickandsandy

Check the website for Rebreathers Worldwide which has details and photos of most older military rebreathers and is based in Europe. This site can help identify what you have.

Also post your question on rebreatherworld.com. Dave Sutton is one of the top experts there, so ask him about replacement parts.

You should post here and there what make and model it is, who made it, which country of origin, and any other info you have. It certainly looks unusual.

I mirror the response above. Dave Sutton has probably seen it, owned it or has worked on one.

I wish there was something that could be done to prevent the decomposition of rubber bits too. Your pendulum rebreather looks somewhat similar to the newer OMG oxygen RB's.

X

Back
Top Bottom