Military Members Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The coldest I have seen in the south was at Ft. Benning in early January 2002 when I went for a 5 mile run and when I came out of "the zone" I noticed everyone's black watch-caps had ice on the front of them from where their breath had risen a little then froze to the threads in the cap. I think the air temp was somewhere around 15 degrees or so. At those temps the "winter" PT gear works as well as a Polish firing squad.

It's been pretty cold here at Redstone Arsenal (Huntsville, AL) The buildings are heated by steam, and I've seen the steam come out of the vents, condense back onto the building roofs and have four foot long ice-cicles hanging from the eaves!!!

fishoutawater:
:D That ain't no Air Force base. It's a country club with a runway on it.
Lucky dood!

Hey, if the powers that be want to send me to a place where I can surf at lunch, play in a golf tournament about once a month, and dive on the weekends I'm not going to complain! Hopefully my PCS next summer will be just as kind.

lstepko:
Hey, if the powers that be want to send me to a place where I can surf at lunch, play in a golf tournament about once a month, and dive on the weekends I'm not going to complain! Hopefully my PCS next summer will be just as kind.

I certainly wouldn't complain about Patrick AFB either! Way ta go!
So how's the diving around there. My mother in law lives there in Melbourne, but everytime we go to visit, we end up driving down to Boca or the Keys. I've never even inquired at a local LDS there. I know there's no reefs there, but I have heard there were some wrecks.
I hope you get a decent PCS. I put Hawaii on my dream sheet and ended up with Charleston SC, which wasn't all that bad. Didn't dive at the time though.

fishoutawater:
I certainly wouldn't complain about Patrick AFB either! Way ta go!
So how's the diving around there. My mother in law lives there in Melbourne, but everytime we go to visit, we end up driving down to Boca or the Keys. I've never even inquired at a local LDS there. I know there's no reefs there, but I have heard there were some wrecks.
I hope you get a decent PCS. I put Hawaii on my dream sheet and ended up with Charleston SC, which wasn't all that bad. Didn't dive at the time though.

The diving in Cocoa/Cape isn't great - for the reef lover. There are a wrecks but you have to have your own boat, or know someone. I can only think of 1 charter and they are just setting up shop. I actually haven't dove the cape yet. I normally head down towards the Palm Beach area or the Keys for a long weekend.

Hello everyone...

USCG 2003-present
LTJG (O-2)

Diving several times a week here in Guam, can't complain.

Sgt. J.A. Canals
7th S.F.G.
18B
Ft. Bragg, N.C. 5/83 to 9/86 Active Duty
53rd Inf. NG Tampa, Fl. 9/86 to 9/02

Hey it's good to know that if worst came to worst within scubaboard alone we can defend something! Hoooowah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom