Might be moving to NC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNC Pembroke...that is near Fayetteville? You will be really close to Wrightsville and Carolina Beach, 2 hours or so. There is good diving there, wrecks and fossil collecting. Aquatic Safaris is the operator to use there. I have heard good things about Scuba Now, but I think they cater to the newer divers. We will be in Wrightsville Beach 3 times next season doing the tooth trips, but we are almost sold out. All I have are a few weekdays available. We are in Morehead the rest of the year, about a 4 hour drive from Fayetteville. In Morehead, Olympus, Discovery and Diver Down have the larger crew boats and 2 have 6 packs. We are one of two independent 6 packs, the other being Atlantis IV. It is worth the trip. You should also head up to Hatteras and dive with Under Pressure or Lions Paw. It is incredible diving all up and down the coast, but we do have windy days where conditions can get dicey. It is open ocean diving requiring long boat rides.

I lived in NC many years before moving to the Caribbean. You would be close to Wilmington and farther up the coast is Beaufort where there are some awesome historical wrecks (U352 for one) and Blackbeard's ship, the Queen Anne's Revenge. Although the QAR isn't for recreational diving, there is much to see that has been brought up at the maritime museum. It's a fantastic little town worth making a long weekend trip.

You can also check out this website of Scuba Diving in North Carolina. NC wreck diving, NC dive trips, Diving in NC.

The aquatic safaris boats out of Wrightsville Beach will go out during the winter if there are divers to go. They never set up dives on their own. Divers call and set up dates and locations and if enough divers show up they go. They arun mostly April to Oct but will have a few trips other months.

Like others have said, you can usually get one of the six packs to go out year round from Hatteras or Morehead as long as you fill the boat. NC has some great wrecks. The water is still nice - I was out on the Naeco last week and we had 67 degrees and 60' vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom