Miflex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had any experience with the Miflex hoses? Are they worth the extra $$ or are they just an average hose with a pretty braided sleeve?

Love mine. wish i could replace my ti swivel on my TX-1 would one on that as well. Worth it

I am very keen on mine. They are:
- lighter
- stronger
- more flexible (regulator packs up smaller for travel without inflexible rubber hoses)
- more flexible II (better accommodates wonky gear configurations)

They are more expensive, but in the global scheme of things I see it as good added value.

Seeing more and more folks with Miflex hoses everyday. On a boat yesterday and I think that 6 out of 8 divers had them.

See the bottom of this page for my recent review after switching over to Miflex:

Miflex Hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com

Just saw the HP version the other day. Pretty slick. Hose is about as wide as a pencil. Will be swapping my SPG to one of these!

Miflex HP Hoses now "In Stock" at www.DiveSeekers.com

miflexblue(1).jpg

Do any of you dive a 7 foot hose for a primary? the flexibility looks good for routing, but Does the MiFlex braiding irritate your neck?

Thanks...

I've had no problems with neck irritation from the 7' hose. The new HP hoses are nice too.

Do any of you dive a 7 foot hose for a primary? the flexibility looks good for routing, but Does the MiFlex braiding irritate your neck?

Thanks...

No problem here, though most of my diving is in a 7mm hood!

:D

But seriously, did 57 dives in Truk and another 25 in the Red Sea recently without a hood and didn't notice any kind of irritation. You do sort of notice it's there a bit more than a regular hose, but not in any particularly annoying way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom