MiFlex Hose length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIY

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How long should the MiFlex hose be for the 2nd Stage? Can it be shorter than the factory one because the hose is more flexible?

In my experience, no. A lot of rubber hoses are just as flexible, if not more so.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's flexible, but it doesn't stretch. Its main benefit is that it is lighter than the rubber.

If you can try them out in the pool at an LDS, you're better off as you'll find something comfortable for you.

I don't like my 40" miflex. It's too floaty.

Are you using standard Padi configuration? Or long hose and necklace? If Padi then I'd just buy the same length as your rubber hose assuming it isn't pulling or pushing. Yes, the Miflex et al hoses are more flexible than rubber, lighter too. The only application I think they trump rubber is inflator hose and drysuit hose. There have recently been some alarming issue reported by some Miflex hose users.

---------- Post added September 26th, 2015 at 07:05 PM ----------

The title says Generic but it's Miflex:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...-braided-hoses.html?highlight=Problem+generic

---------- Post added September 26th, 2015 at 07:09 PM ----------

Oh, and they do pack a little nicer/tighter when traveling. If you're going to buy braided hoses I'd buy generic not Miflex due to both price and recent reported issues. I get mine from DGX (Dive Gear Express) and never had a problem with them.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom