MiFlex 360 hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone try these? I wonder if they make a significant difference to make the huge price jump worth it.

Thanks.

I'd be surprised if they make a significant difference on anything other than your wallet. They are very new so imagine hard to find any user reviews. A swivel is cheaper if comfort is an issue.

Yeah. Hoping to find some sort of review. My goal is to be as streamlined as possible without tug, etc. Not ready yet for the long hose setup.

I don't think I will be trying anything from Miflex until they resolve the issue with their current product.

I don't think I will be trying anything from Miflex until they resolve the issue with their current product.

Before they resolve it they have to acknowledge it. Also if the failure happens to Miflex it likely affects other brands of braided hoses.

Yeah. Hoping to find some sort of review. My goal is to be as streamlined as possible without tug, etc. Not ready yet for the long hose setup.

Tugging or pulling is often indicative of a too short hose.

---------- Post added August 25th, 2015 at 11:31 PM ----------

Absolutely. I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig for a new Miflex product.

True. I currently use a 40" primary under my arm with swivel. I find it to be a happy medium if you don't want to get into long 5'/7' hoses.

---------- Post added August 25th, 2015 at 11:45 PM ----------

I have found though that a long hose is the most comfortable in regards to push/pull.

Yeah, thanks. One of these days I'll have to try that out. I hat the push/pull, but at the same time hate the primary hose sticking out past my shoulder.

Your 40" method sounds really interesting. I haven't heard of that before.

Yeah, the only way to avoid the stick out is either a likely too short hose or using a 40-44", 5' or 7' hose routed under arm but of course you will then ideally want your backup on a bungee around your neck. Given hoses are pretty cheap relatively speaking I think it's worth the effort to try out various configurations and see what feels best for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom