Issue with Miflex XT Tech on a Scubapro D420 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyV

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I had a Miflex XT Tech hose installed on my Scubapro D420 by my LDS. After I got home I realized the reg does not spin freely around the nut and takes considerable effort to make it move. Was it installed incorrectly, or is this hose not compatible with Scubapro regs? Or is some other issue likely? Thanks for the help.

You should be able to spin the hose even under pressure. Sometimes they are very stiff but it should still rotate to offer alignment when diving in use. There is something wrong.

Yes, those hoses should work just fine with a Scubapro regulator.

Thanks Nemrod, indeed the reg takes considerable force to rotate (does not spin freely) and this does not seem normal. As soon as I loosen the nut a bit it's back to spinning freely. Turns out Miflex responded to my inquiry that their hoses have standard fittings and that this could be a random issue with the particular hose or a particular issue with fitment on this specific reg. In either case, I am planning to take it back to the LDS and see if we have the same result with a different sample of this hose or perhaps scrap the idea of the Miflex XT hose altogether. Interestingly, I have the standard Miflex braided LP hose fitted to another Scubapro reg with no issues.

I was trying to save a little weight with the Miflex hoses but now thinking it's more trouble than it's worth.

Tried it on multiple miflex hoses - same result. these regs are not compatible. Switched everything out to Scubapro rubber hoses this weekend and it’s working perfectly.

Weird, I have Miflex hoses on Scubapro regs but not the XT version. Maybe try some of these:

You are much better off with Scubapro's original high quality rubber hoses anyways.
Thanks all for the help. I switched to a 22inch/5 Ft long hose config with these hoses and needless to say, I am so glad I did and wish I had sooner. Who knew one could be so enamored by hoses :D the whole kit feels very streamlined now without random bits of hose poking out and everything stayed put without any constriction. I appreciated the necklace on the alternate during choppy shore dive entries I am doing, and as I am doing research diving I am generally a human Christmas tree so having the D rings free of the octopus hose is a great bonus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom