Mid April conditions for Sarasota, Venice ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CREEVES515

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im going on a Fishing trip to Sarasota with some friends from work and would like to get in some diving while I'm there. Could anyone let me know what I Might expect in terms of water temp vis etc.,(mid April). Any info on dive sites would be helpful as well.

water temp in the 70's, typical vis for Venice Beach area is 5'-10'.. some days are an out of sight 25', others 3"... hit or miss.

I'm looking at mid-april as being my hoppin back in the water after 6 months off for surgery dive up there :D

CBulla:
water temp in the 70's, typical vis for Venice Beach area is 5'-10'.. some days are an out of sight 25', others 3"... hit or miss.

I'm looking at mid-april as being my hoppin back in the water after 6 months off for surgery dive up there :D

cbulla, there's gonna be a few divers up there on March 19th, I'm gonna try to get up there if the weather forecast is good for the day. The reduced viz doesn't bother me as much as the wicked surf they get up there at times.

Kevin Fort Myers, FL

Thanks for the reply 70's sounds great and I'm used to diving in limited vis so thats no prob. I'll be down the 17th -20th of April. Thanks again.

Chris Birmingham, AL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom