Miami things to do in 3-4 hours? (airport layover)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFScuba

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

Looking for some help from some Miami locals.

My wife and I have a trip to Grand Cayman coming up, but have a 4-5 hour layover between connections in Miami. Any recommendations on local things to do or a nice place to grab a bite to eat (with a view) that is a reasonable time from the airport and that can be done in 3-4 hours including travel time?

We're trying to avoid spending the whole 5 hours in the airport :)

Thanks!

you'll not want to try to rent a car for this short time period.. When I was in Miami this past summer the rental car center was very confusing to find. It was off airport and really hidden and in a rough neighborhood. It took a lot of extra time to return the car and we were glad we actually planned on getting ther early.

If you leave the airport, use taxis or a driver service definately.

There's a pretty decent restraunt on airport property on the south edge of the runways called 94th Aero Squadron. There are others in the US, but if you haven't been to one, it's a WW-I French theme with good food and a view of the runways. We have always had a good time there, but you know how that goes.

If I had a time to kill, I'd grab a shuttle over to Miami Beach and check out the Art Deco district. Very nice buildings, eateries, good people-watching, wonderful art galleries and a few museums around there. Good place to walk and gawk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom