MIA Airport Stopver Hotel Suggestions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantajohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi
I will need to overnight in MIA en route from Europe to some eastern pacific diving shortly. I dont know the MIA airport hotels at all and would really appreciate some recommendations.

Any Hilton, Holiday Inn or Marriott group hotels would be good, as I have enough points to stay foc at all of them.

Its just a stopover. Dinner & a good nights sleep at a hotel with an excellent airport shuttle service.

Thanks

john

I don't know if orbitz.com is common in the UK, but I did a quick search (on a random date) on it and it turned up several hotels that meet your general criteria. My experience with the chains that you have listed is that they will all have suitable accommodations. Do you have a preference for which chain of those which you mentioned you would like to stay at?

All the chains you mentioned have properties within a mile or two of MIA and all offer free shuttle.

Some like the Hilton border a small lake just south of the airport on LeJeune blvd. but that can be buggier. Also they're not kidding about the snakes/gators signs

I haven't been thru MIA in a while. The Hilton was not a new property then - neither was the original Marriott. The Hilton is also a big property - 3 big towers so not my idea of relaxing.

I might go with this one instead. Courtyard Miami Airport

hth,

depending on the building orientation to the airport I'd probably ask for a south side room, you won't hear the planes as much. The airport itself is generally a mile or so NW of that airea.

Last edited:
Hi both

Many thanks for replying.

Hoag - you've nailed my problem. Searching on the hotel booking websites, I'm spoilt for choice andnot knowing the area, its hard to sort them out. I've only stopped over at MIA once and that was at the Crowne Plaza. Hotel was fine, but i had to wait 60 mins at the airport for the shuttle bus to arrive. Which after a 10 hour flight i did not appreciate. So i was wondering if any other SB'ers had a good experience with another of the hotels.

DiverSteve - I'll take a look at the Courtyard - thanks. Hopefully, i'll save my wildlife encounters until i get to Cocos!

Cheers
john

There is a hotel in the airport terminal itself , concourse E . Some of the guys that work here have
gone on exotic dive travel have stayed there to be up early . Don't know the current prices but worth
a shot , and there is no shuttle to wait for .
Sea Dwellers
www.seadwellers.com

but i had to wait 60 mins at the airport for the shuttle bus to arrive.
It can't be $10 via cab to any of the nearby hotels if that happens again.

or as mentioned by seadweller - http://miahotel.com/

diversteve - thanks for the suggestion re taxi. it might seem strange but it never occurred to me!

At London - Heathrow, if you asked for a 1 mile hotel transfer, you would get a very short answer. They are only interested in $100+ fares into central London.

I just assumed MIA would be similar

They won't like it but they'll do it - they lose their place in the cab queue after dropping you off.
Off-hours they'll be glad for the fare as most cabs here have a daily lease they have to cover.

Back
Top Bottom