Mexican Pride August 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WTHeck, No pics or trip report :shocked2: What are we chopped liver? :wink:

WTHeck, No pics or trip report :shocked2: What are we chopped liver? :wink:

I have no pictures because I forgot to charge the batteries in my camera. :shakehead: Sometimes I hate cameras. Anyhow, we had a great trip. The seas were sporty inshore and by the time we pulled up to the Pride, seas were flat, with maybe a 1 ft swell. It was very nice. We had beautiful blue water (100+ vis) down to 80 or 90 feet where we found a thermocline. Below the thermocline, vis was 60-70 ft.
Ty had dropped the anchor line about 100 ft astern of the bow, and as as we decended I started seeing Goliath Groupers, not just a couple, but 10 or 15 swimming around below us. Keep in mind my camera is on the boat because the battery is dead. Tracy (not Missd) and I started counting Goliaths and we counted 12 on the first dive. On the second dive, Tracy and I went over to the starboard side of the ship and were looking in an area where a couple of the ships plates were missing and all we could see were huge Goliaths! They were stacked in there like firewood. Tracy counted 15 inside the ship and I counted 8 more swimming around outside the ship. In all my years of diving I have never seen so many huge Goliaths in one small spot. We also saw a very nice Gag, probably close to 4 ft. Some of the group saw a couple of whitetips, amberjack and a huge school of baitfish that keep wanting to be where I was. On our surface interval, we saw a couple of dolphins playing around the Barbara Lee. It was a good day on the water. On the way in we saw a Beach Ball floating approximately 30 miles offshore. We all had a good laugh and wondered where it came from. It was a good day diving. As usual, it was another great day with Ty. If someone would want to put a trip together for late October on the Pride, I would be in. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom