Mexican military and their guns - safe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Incredible:
Let’s take away weapons from law enforcement, military and law abiding citizens, and let the criminals keep theirs. This will make us all safer!

It is unfortunate that we live in times where is necessary to have such force, but is also our responsibility to not be blind to reality.

Be safe, be smart and make the right choices.

They have been indoctrinated to believe that guns "just go off".
Pretty sure the FBI agent who dropped his gun in the Denver night club and then shot another patron in the leg as he picked it up said exactly that... "it just went off".

Knew too many police, military, and military special ops individuals that have had accidental discharges. The world would be a safer place if all they had to carry around was a big stick / baseball bat. Cops and military with personal weapons are accidents looking for a place to happen. I would not be suprised if the secret service clocked up at least one accidental discharge a year.

Michael
Ok, I will bite.

How many "...police, military, and military special ops individuals..." that you know have had NDs?(negligent discharge is what you are describing).

Pretty sure the FBI agent who dropped his gun in the Denver night club and then shot another patron in the leg as he picked it up said exactly that... "it just went off".

He did not drop his gun and that is not what he said.

Whatever story someone cooks up in a situation like that to explain their behavior and poor decisions does not matter to anyone that does not support “alternative facts.”

His case...I love it (sarcasm) when I read about someone doing something completely negligent leading to a firearm discharging and then referring to the incident as an “accidental” discharge. Reality is that there was nothing accidental about it, as the outcome could have been foreseen by any reasonable person.

Watched one poor **** holster his 45 on the range without engaging the safety, which may have worked out ok but his finger was still inside the trigger guard. The bullet entered his thigh approyx 6" below the hip and exited just above the knee. I finally got his hand off the gun, unholstered the gun dropped ther magazine and racked the slide. Visited the poor slob 2 days later in the 137th station hospital and he was doing ok. Heard about many other accidental discharges in the military and police over the years that I was actively engaged in international competition.
Now it appears that policemen are being taught to fire all ther ammo in the shortest time possible with the vain hope of hitting someone with a few of the hundreds of rounds that they fire. If they are that bad, issue them frag grenades instead of handguns.
The only reason to draw and fire is to hit your target - if you can't hit your target you are incompetent and shouldn't be there.

Michael

Back in 86 I watched a motorcycle policeman in Germany, stumble getting off his bike, drop his Uzi whch caused the top cover to fly off and 2.5 seconds later the magazine was empty. We all were very lucky since no one ended up full of holes and the flak jacket that I was wearing wouldn't have done me any good anyway.

Michael

Watched one poor **** holster his 45 on the range without engaging the safety, which may have worked out ok but his finger was still inside the trigger guard. The bullet entered his thigh approyx 6" below the hip and exited just above the knee. I finally got his hand off the gun, unholstered the gun dropped ther magazine and racked the slide. Visited the poor slob 2 days later in the 137th station hospital and he was doing ok. Heard about many other accidental discharges in the military and police over the years that I was actively engaged in international competition.
Now it appears that policemen are being taught to fire all ther ammo in the shortest time possible with the vain hope of hitting someone with a few of the hundreds of rounds that they fire. If they are that bad, issue them frag grenades instead of handguns.
The only reason to draw and fire is to hit your target - if you can't hit your target you are incompetent and shouldn't be there.

Michael

Which departments are training this way?

So far you witnessed, or knew, one person, who legged themself.

And heard about "many"

Back in 86 I watched a motorcycle policeman in Germany, stumble getting off his bike, drop his Uzi whch caused the top cover to fly off and 2.5 seconds later the magazine was empty. We all were very lucky since no one ended up full of holes and the flak jacket that I was wearing wouldn't have done me any good anyway.

Michael
So a German police officer stumbled and did an Uzi mag dump?

I never knew the Polizei were issued Uzis.

How interesting.

So you witnessed two NDs and knew one of the people involved.

This does not sound the same as your original claim.

Seen guns in Germany, Franc, Czech, Yugoslavia, Italy, Spain, US, and a few other places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom