Method for Mares X-stream fin repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceangaucho

Registered
Reaction score
Federated States of Micronesia, Western Pacific
# of dives
500 - 999
Small tear in my X-stream fin between dissimilar materials, photo link attached.
Recommendations for repair?

There is no photo link attached. Repairing torn fins is often not possible. Have you tried contacting Mares? Maybe post over on Mares forum and see what the reps have to say/advise.

The image is in a Tinypic link, you right click on the image icon and then click open as a separate tab. A separate tab will have the photo. The only way I found to attach images.
I did also leave a similar request on the Manufacturers forum - Mares page.
Cheers,

Looks familiar. I can tell you from experience, there is no "fix" unless you want to try using an adhesive. Contact Mares before you make any type of modification and see if they will replace the fins.
Yours is not an isolated incident, I've have a couple of pairs do the same thing and Mares has replaced them every time.
If you must, you can lay one fin on top of the other and trace a line across where the tear ends with a marker and then trim it off with a razor knife.

Last edited:
The image is in a Tinypic link, you right click on the image icon and then click open as a separate tab. A separate tab will have the photo. The only way I found to attach images.
I did also leave a similar request on the Manufacturers forum - Mares page.
Cheers,

sorry about that, I'm using iPhone and link doesn't appear to show.

I'm still happy with mine except for discoloration. I'll let everyone know if they start falling apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom