Metalsub flex hoses (LP)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danielk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

This post is regarding the FLEX hoses from MetalSub (Spain).
I bought a few (two sets) of these hoses and already used them during my last vacation (about a week ago, with no issues). However, I'm concern about the quality and NITROX compatibility of these hoses.
Most concerning is the fact that Metalsub do not reply to my and the Scuba Pro representative email about these issues.
Below, is the copy of the email I sent Metalsub more then a month ago.
Can any of you share some info on that?

The original email:
A few days I bought two sets of DIVEFLEX hoses for my wife and me.
After I got these, I went to a dive technician who is a Scuba Pro representative. When the technician saw the new hoses he refused to replace my old (rubber) hoses with the new once and explained to me the Scuba Pro issued a warning about these hoses and guided all their technicians to stay away from these hose since they are dangerous and should not be used. The technician also told my that these hoses should not be used with Nitrox. The technician also told me that he sent you an email about the Nitrox issue but, never got a reply.
So here are a few questions that i have:
1. Are these hoses safe for use in general (and why SP are so against them)?
2. Are these hoses safe for use with Nitrox?

Dear Sir

We are sorry, but we don't have request on this matter. Sometimes mails are sent to the manufacturer of Metalsub lanterns and this company has no relationship with us.

All our hoses are perfectly valid for Nitrox.

In the case of 100% oxygen we have a specific thermoplastic hose for this application. (we attach a photo)

We take this opportunity to inform users that Metalsub has never used Polyester-Polyurethane in our hoses or any other material that crystallizes over time.
Our bet is quality.

Best Regards
Francisco Fernández
www.metalsub.com

Attachments

• LRS-OXY-1000.jpg
    LRS-OXY-1000.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 71
Hi,

Thanks a lot, it is great to hear.
Since I live in a hot area and often leave my gear to dry in the sun (if no shade is available) the polyester was a big concern. I guess you use Polyether and these are safe in the heat of the sun.
I wonder though, why would the SP are so against it. Any way, I will send your response to the SP lab to put their mind in ease.

Daniel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom