Message for Mike at XS Re. Mask Replacment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Mike,
I promised to get back to you about the mask my shop and you had replaced due to
the strap adjustment pins repeatedly coming out when the strap was pulled/adjusted.

I've got a half dozen dives on the new mask and it seems to be holding together fine.
I have to admit, that I haven't tried to adjust it underwater yet (I'm actually afraid to!)
However, the difference between the new one and the old one is that I haven't had to.
It's been fitting better than the old one ever did even when brand new, so I think you may have been correct that there was a manufacturing issue with that one particular mask. I'll get up the nerve to adjust it underwater and let you know how it fairs.
In the meantime, as I'm just starting a course, I think I'll try not to until I have to!
I'll get back to you again.

I just want to say for people reading this who are new to this (I couldn't find my original thread for some reason?) that I own many XS Scuba products and like them very much. This mask issue was hopefully an isolated one particular mask's problem and Mike and the company and the shop/dealer all were very helpful with excellent customer service and support.

Sorry it took so long Mike. It's been snowing and freezing all March and April in the P.N.W. this year! I was out of the water longer than usual. Gettin' wet now by golly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom