Mesh gear bag for personal gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alschmid:
Sorry for not being very specific. I'm going on a cruise next month. I'll only be bringing mask, fins, snorkle...but want something easy to travel with (and not take up too much room) and easy to carry around while we are at port.

Thanks for all the replies!
For that purpose you can get all sorts of fairly inexpensive (as cheap as $10 online) and lightweight mesh bags that will do the job and be very packable. The laundry bag route is fine and cheap, but one you buy for the purpose will have better carrying handles. You might find it handy to get a slightly better one with backpack straps. If you get something sturdy enough you can use it for 1 full set of gear later.

I'll second the Vote for Wheels..Having hauled gear cross-country and around the world. Mesh..Pros..You can see everything..and can hose right through it if Your in a hurry. Solid Nylon or rubber coated bags..Aid in keeping things dry, particularly before You hit the water. I have two different types depending on climate or travel requirements. Save Yourself headaches though..GET WHEELS..House to Auto..Auto to Dive Site or Boat..and Back..I seem to always find something else to put in My other hand as well..Not sure how that happens..but it always does..

Underwater Kinetics make an awsome bag. it is mostly mesh and snaps closed on the top. It also has a mask pocket in the front. The best part is you can carry it buy the top handle or it has a strap that you can cary it like a backpack. Also when only carying a small amount of stuff you can reduce its size by half. I just came back from a trip to Dominican Republic and my wife and me both carried one. It will fit a set of fins or two, a mask, a snorket, a towel, Sunscreen ...whatever.
Oh and they were only about $30 CAD
here is some pics
Dennis

alschmid:
All I have is personal gear to tote along. Anyone have any recommendations on a good size bag for this? Also would any of these bags fit 2 peoples personal gear?

Roller duffel on the plane and a mesh bag on the dive boat :eyebrow:

I always carry a waterproof bag and a mesh bag in My Scuba Duffle. From experience the first time You find Yourself on a boat dive in the rain...You can have a miserable afternoon in wet clothes. Clothing,Wet wallet, Surface camera, etc...Being a Military guy with many years of field craft..I always carry some ziploc bags too. They come in handy for many of these additional needs. They help out for the occasional shell collector You'll find, or when I give away lobster tails from My dives.

Damselfish:
For that purpose you can get all sorts of fairly inexpensive (as cheap as $10 online) and lightweight mesh bags that will do the job and be very packable. The laundry bag route is fine and cheap, but one you buy for the purpose will have better carrying handles. You might find it handy to get a slightly better one with backpack straps. If you get something sturdy enough you can use it for 1 full set of gear later.

Damsel has it right. Pick up something not too expensive that'll get the job done, but something that'll you'll grow into as you acquire more gear. (the pile just keeps growing) I have more gear bags and backpacks than anyone I know and I'm still not sure how they all came into my possession. 2 hockey bags, another for Mtn. Bike. Camelbak, generic totes. It's getting ridiculous. Picked up this little offshore number that's branded "Everest" at a T-Shirts for Less store. They had a pile of luggage in the back. Not pretty, no brand name, but it hauls the junk around and it's got a semi-sturdy retractable handle. (2 wheels on one end) Also came with a shoulder strap and the obligatory canvas handle type things. I suppose I could scotchguard it but water doesn't seem to effect it much.

goindown:
Underwater Kinetics make an awsome bag. it is mostly mesh and snaps closed on the top. It also has a mask pocket in the front. The best part is you can carry it buy the top handle or it has a strap that you can cary it like a backpack. Also when only carying a small amount of stuff you can reduce its size by half. I just came back from a trip to Dominican Republic and my wife and me both carried one. It will fit a set of fins or two, a mask, a snorket, a towel, Sunscreen ...whatever.
Oh and they were only about $30 CAD
here is some pics
Dennis

That's awesome, and only $25USD at Scuba.com. It's called a Lobster Bag.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom