Merrit's Mill Pond Trip, Hosted by MDB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
And yes, since it is an MDB special event, it will be (at least on our boat) a snorkel trip. MDB, kchFLA and myself will be meeting at my place in Defuniak Springs, and heading to Marianna sometime around 10am. Merrit's Mill is another boat only site. It is shallow, cold and clear (cold meaning 70's). Last time MDB and I went, crawfish were very abundant. Scenery to be expected is lots of dangerous boaters/fishermen interesting birds at the surface, beautiful plantlife under the surface, and hopefully lots more crayfish. These things are giants, and one will feed a family of six. I hope to catch at least two or three, and not have to buy meat again this month. Anyone interested in joining us, can meet us at the boat launch that is about halfway up the western side of the pond. If we leave on time (somewhere around 10 am) it should take about an hour to reach Marianna. Maybe another 15-20 minutes to reach the ramp. So call it 11:30 to the launch site. We will be recognizable as the three people in the little red row boat. Unless I kill the batteries, pictures should be included in the post after the dive.

I'm bringing cinnamon rolls - homemade. :D

I thought that would make a good suprise for MDB, but she figured it out. She said "what is Kira bringing, I heard you say it was something I like from fast food places, and all I like from them is chicken nuggets and cinnamon rolls, and I doubt she is bringing chicken nuggets"

Camping, need more notice, especially on a three day weekend during the summer time with an awesome coldfront over us :/

If only I knew --- I could have brought chicken nuggets. I have a good little recipe for those. Baked not fried but quite yummy. Don't have the ingredients to make them, :( and I've had one beer too many to head out to the store to get the one thing I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom