Mermaid II Itinerary and flying? Anyone who's been onboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SadiesMom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to make flight plans back to Bangkok after doing the Andaman Safari on the Mermaid II. The intinerary has 4 dives scheduled on Sunday, with time afterwards scheduled on Koh Phi Phi for relaxation/shopping/whatever, then back on the boat at 11 and disembarkation on Monday morning at 9am.

My question is: What time does the diving actually stop on Sunday? I need to know in order to schedule the flight back to Bangkok - don't want to miss any dives, but I'd like to leave 24 hours after diving...

I've got an e-mail in to the folks at Mermaid II, but with the time difference and the date difference, I thought I might get a faster response here on the board from someone who might have actually done that intinerary on the Mermaid II...

Thanks in advance if you can help out....

I did it last year. I don't know if they have exactly the same itinerary this year but last year we were at Hin Daeng/Hin Muang on the last day (no stop at Phi Phi) I believe it was around 4pm (from memory). I had a flight the next day at around 7.30pm so it wasn't a problem. It sounds to me if they are stopping at Phi Phi then it couldn't be later than that - maybe even a bit earlier.

Kim:
I did it last year. I don't know if they have exactly the same itinerary this year but last year we were at Hin Daeng/Hin Muang on the last day (no stop at Phi Phi) I believe it was around 4pm (from memory). I had a flight the next day at around 7.30pm so it wasn't a problem. It sounds to me if they are stopping at Phi Phi then it couldn't be later than that - maybe even a bit earlier.

Wonderful, Kim...that's really helpful. If I schedule a late afternoon/early evening flight for Monday, then I should be good to go. I really appreciate your help :) ....

First time visit, same Liveaboard, same dilemma for me this coming April-May. . .except I scheduled my flight back to Singapore/Los Angeles two days after disembarkation just to be safe (and to reacclimatize back to urban life!:11: ) . . .Good info. to know nonetheless.

This must be the Hin Daeng/Hin Muang sailing? I've done this trip, too. We stopped at Phi Phi for a little while, but if I recall correctly, it was in the middle of the day, not at night.

Anyway, here are the dive times I have logged for four dives on the last diving day of that trip:

Dive 1) Koh Haa 8 a.m.
Dive 2) Koh Haa 11:30 a.m.
Dive 3) Koh Bida Nok (near Phi Phi) 3:00 p.m.
Dive 4) Shark Point (between Phi Phi and Phuket) 8:00 p.m.

Hope that helps!

Marcia

Thanks to everyone - Yes, it's the Hin Muang/Hin Daeng sailing - we're doing the Similans/Richelieu Rock portion first. I got an e-mail from Kay Golding at Mermaid II this morning and she said diving should be over by 6pm on Sunday, so I scheduled our flight back to Bangkok for 8:30pm on Monday. If there's a change in schedule on the boat, then I guess we'll just have to (gulp) skip the late dive (man, that's hard to even type! :wink:).

I have to say that all my communications with the Mermaid II office so far have been wonderful - Kay's been incredibly accomodating and informative and very, very prompt in all her replies. I'm looking forward to meeting her and thanking her in person. If the boat is run even half as well as the office, we're going to have a really wonderful trip. :)

Hi, I will be on that trip from april 21 to 28, and.....I have to skip as well the last day dive, still on waiting list for 29....... on Singapore Airline & Thaiairways.Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom