Mermaid II (Bail-Komodo-Bali) vs. Moana (Komodo)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've flown Lion Air and...it was fine but this is worth reading. I'll avoid them when possible in the future.

‘Spend the Minimum’: After Crash, Lion Air’s Safety Record Is Back in Spotlight

Thanks. Yes, that's why I'd rather pay the extra for Garuda. Also, I read that NAM and Lion Air often lost luggages (possible theft) and have relatively poor on-time performance. Since I will have to check my gear and be relatively on time for outbound, it makes sense to fly Garuda.

To make Bali-Komodo-Bali a worthwhile trip, you’ll need a 10N/11D trip, which I did with Mermaid 1 in Aug. 2014.

I had a group trip Bali-Komodo on Mermaid II in 2017. We spent 2 1/2 full days at Komodo and environs, and wonderful diving going to and from. Good trip, good boat, good DMs. I'd do it again.

I ended up going with Mermaid II for the ease of logistics - the boat, crew, fellow divers were wonderful and the diving around Komodo (especially manta alley and castle rock) was absolutely amazing.

However, the 18 hr crossing from Bali and the filler dives near Moyo and the volcano were a lot less impressive. I'd recommend a LBJ based trip instead of sailing all the way from Bali.

Ive been on Moana twice. A number of friends have used them too. None of us have had anything less than a great experience.

Back
Top Bottom