Mermaid I (liveaboard) 21st oct-5 nov Biodiversity Super Special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am booked on the Mermaid I for the trip starting 21st Oct 2015.

Is here anyone booked on the same trip?

Has anyone been on this boat/itinery?

I haven't been on the Mermaid 1 but I've been on the Mermaid 2 twice. Mermaid runs a great operation, great crew, boat and food, and it's a great itinerary, I am taking a similar route on another boat and was talking with the cruise director of the Mermaid 2 and she said it was a great route.

I went on the Mermaid I to Komodo National Park and to date it is the best dive trip that I have been on. Mermaids Liveboards are an excellent operation and have the great advantage that they start out of Benoa Harbour in Bali for most trips and so there is no intermediate flight involved. Mermaid I is an excellently laid out and well provided upmarket boat. You cannot go wrong.

Reactions: Heg
Hi. I did the biodiversity trip a few years ago. Very good trip. I have done mermaid liveaboards 8 times and will continue to dive with them. Excellent operation from the office staff to crews on the boat and both mermaid 1 and 2 are very well set up. Advantage of the biodiversity trip is the ability to dive areas of indonesia that are only dived when the liveaboards move from komodo to raja ampat. In the banda islands we toured a farm with cinnamon and nutmeg. The fort in banda was interesting. Bring ear plugs if your a light sleeper as every night the liveaboard moves from one location to another. To see some of my photos check out my site reefscenics | SmugMug The alor, misool, banda and waigeo section of my site were from this trip.

Reactions: Heg
Hi,

I am booked on the Mermaid I for the trip starting 21st Oct 2015.

Is here anyone booked on the same trip?

Has anyone been on this boat/itinery?

How was the trip? We did RA with Mermaid I in March and loved it. Best diving we have ever done ( and a fab boat and crew). Hence we are off to Komodo on Mermaid II on 28th November and Mermaid I next November for Ambon -Banda sea- Alor Maumere :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom