Merging Accounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BogotaBill

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just started a new account due to the fact that I couldn't remember my old account pwd or email. It was suggested that I merge the accounts. Old account was Lahore Bill. I guess you can compare birthdates to ensure I'm the same guy. If it's possible, great. If not, no loss. Tks, Bill

Done deal, Bill, and thanks for asking us to do it!

ScubaBoard does not allow multiple accounts for the same person. Bill has avoided any confusion from having to defend himself from having two accounts by bringing them to our attention.

Most sockpuppets (multiple accounts) come from people forgetting that they have registered already or from forgetting their passcode. Some come from people wanting to change their name and not realizing that we will gladly do that for them: just ask! Please feel free to E-Mail Support@ScubaBoard.com or PM any staff member if you are having these sorts of problems or find yourself with a sockpuppet.

A few sockpuppets are created to circumvent mod actions or for other nefarious reasons like to stalk someone or to post to a thread without IDing yourself. We certainly don't appreciate this abuse and you could end up banned from the forum. We apply posting heuristics as well as other means to find and eliminate these types of abuses. Don't do it, but if you come clean and let us know, we will gladly eliminate only the one account (your choice) and not hassle you at all.

Thanks much and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom