Menjangan dive shops/ resort recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vera52

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this board, but have been lurking for a couple of weeks...I'm looking to stay and dive in the Menjangan area for 2 nights this August and I'm looking for recommendations for dive shops and where to stay. I've only been diving since last summer in the calm clear waters of Mexico so I would like to find a shop with really good DM, and good rental equipment. Several people have recommended the Mimpi resort, but would it be better to go with the Mimpi dive shop or go with another operator in the area? Thanks in advance, Vera.

Hi. There is not so much in this area that can match Mimpi resort. The resort is very nice, and quiet. They have their in-house dive operation, of good quality. I tried them last year and was very happy with them. Please note that I am no partner of them, and have no special interest whatsoever in people going there.
In summary, my advice is: keep it simple and enjoyable, and go to the Mimpi. And try the hot water tubs, if you are not diving.

i second bubblefish...mimpi is probably the resort and diveshop to to with for menjangan diving. to my knowledge, there are not many dive operators actually based around menjangan island. most are based in dempasar/kuta and run daytrips or safaris from there. look-up my bali reports on this forum for extensive info on menjangan diving and mimpi resort.

There are lots of dive shops in Pemuteran (about 20 mins from Menjangan), most of them pretty dodgy but several good ones. Werner Lau is one of the ones with high standards, and as already mentioned Mimpi dive operation is good too. Splash out on the Courtyard rooms at Mimpi for your own private hot spring pool.

Sounds like Mimpi may be the way to go at Menjangan. Thanks so much for all your responses. Vera.

vera52:
Sounds like Mimpi may be the way to go at Menjangan. Thanks so much for all your responses. Vera.
Mimpi is great, but it is also quite costly.

Pemutaran area also has great resorts beach side with a white sand beach. Most of Bali is black.

Reef Seen at Pemutaran is good. I did not try Werner Lau. Pemutaran has a strange biorock house reef. It is quite rich for macro.

It all depends on your budget.

Mimpi has no house reef, you can dive at the nearby pier, but it is very mucky and barren.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom