Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting there early on Friday and I'll see what the park rangers can do to accomodate us.

What is our count for camping folks (aka # of tents)???

I will miss seein' all of y'all. But maybe next time the TSDT have a get together we'll make it.

Besides, it sounds like I would end up feedin' the fishes. The perch really like me when I eat a heavy breakfast before I dive. Especially a deep dive early in the morning.

That's how I found out you really can throw up through your reg and don't have to worry about it, except for swishin' it around to wash it out afterwards. Yuck!!!:blahblah:

Originally posted by TexasMike
I'm getting there early on Friday and I'll see what the park rangers can do to accomodate us.

What is our count for camping folks (aka # of tents)???
Rather than a roll call, I was hoping for a more educated guess....

would 15 tents of typical size (why does that sound like a probable line from "Princess Bride?) be correct?

Mike,

looking over the list of campers, 15 is a good guess. I plan on making a sign and stake to show our area, campsite #2 for those who haven't been there before.

campsite #2 goes all the way from the tree line at site #1 to the restrooms and if you get there before Dee and I, ask if we can move the big firepit to the center of the campground a little closer to the pavillion. This would allow us to circle the campsite with our tents and have the campfire centrally located.

see ya there!

tony

There is a lot of road construction on 183 between Spicewood springs and 620. If you try to go that way it will add as much as 20-30 minutes to your drive depending on the time of day.

I mentioned in another message that taking 183 to 360 South to 2222 West (right turn) to 620 South (left turn) is the fastest way to Mansfield Dam. It is even better now because of all of the road construction on 183.

Dive Texas is just south of the corner of 2222 and 620 so you will pass by it and can get fills or other equipment if you need to.

I'm also thinking about getting something to mark the ground (aka stake our claim) so that the other campers don't encroach on us too much. Something like landscape marking spray chalk. After consulting with the park rangesr of course.

and one of these days I've gotta get a flag/banner made up.

Originally posted by achen
Dive Texas is just south of the corner of 2222 and 620 so you will pass by it and can get fills or other equipment if you need to.
Pieces Scuba is also at that intersection. And I've gotten info from a very relaible source that we should seek fills from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom