Memorial Weekend Tutor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MightyDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Would there be someone who will be at the Memorial Weekend gathering that would be willing to spend some time hands-on tutoring me to improve my bouyancy and trim, please? I could really use someone to physically put me into the proper horizontal trim so I'll know my aim. Without a mirror in the water I can't see at what angle my legs are etc as one can with sports (the practice) done before a mirror.

I also would like help with my bouyancy problems so I will know what I am doing wrong, when, and how to fix them during practice. Watching someone simply doing it properly, so far, hasn't helped me to do it myself. I need corrective measures/answers to my flaws. ie:"You're getting rolled over always to the right because....; If you move your legs like so you can fix....

I am so embarassed to be seen diving since I know I shouldn't be getting sucked down tank first underwater like a turned-over turtle.

I do realise it will mean time and air taken away from someone's diving but I would greatly appreciate the help. I want to be better and perhaps someone at the gathering will have also experienced similar beginnings and know the corrections I need to make.

Thanks.

Yes, there will be a qualified instructor, Alec Ranck, down there for Memorial Day weekend (See post on Wreck Diving Cert in this forum). Plus there will be lots of other helpful divemasters, divemaster candidates, and open water divers.

So there will be plenty of chances to help you tweak your rig so that you achieve maximum comfort and stability.

Back
Top Bottom