Memorial Weekend Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? Friend loses diamond necklace off the pier?

Foo, I think that's very nice that you have volunteered to help your friend. I don't doubt this story by the way; but this sounds exactly like one of those fictional stories that PADI writes to create a buzz about about their S & R course. Looks like you'll get to use those S & R skills for real. Good luck on the search!

Was a great day for diving, vis could have been better (as always), but weather was nice and at 9 am when I got out to mansfield it was still fairly quite, I drove right in and down into dive area to meet John. He was already setting on lower set of picnic tables at top of ramp setting up, we geared up and got into water at 10, swam out from bottom of ramp and hung a right, following a ledge around and checking out the grotto's a bit. Kinda chilly and dark around 60 to 70, came back up to 50 and worked our way back towards entry, found airplane, went upslope to safety stop depth, did that and surfaced just off of ramp. Not bad first dive even if ended a little quickly by a short fill on John's first tank.

We started to prepare for second dive, but when he checked the pressure in his second tank, he found that the shop had not filled it, so second dive was out:(

At least I finally got one dive into the new IQ-800 :)

Was a huge line to get into Mansfield when we left, and when I tried to take dog out to Wentz a little later in afternoon it was a nightmare.

May try to get back out to the lake early again tomorrow.

Thanks again to John for coming out and diving with me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom