Memorial weekend at Table Rock or Beaver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcowboy6196

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are planning a 3 day weekend at either Table Rock or Beaver Lake. We have never dove either of the lakes and are looking for any information on dive sites and conditions for each lake. Also if anyone plans of being out there please let us know. We would enjoy if someone wouldn't mind getting us oriented with the dive site(s).:D We have only dove in Skiatook lake and Tenkiller Lake here in Oklahoma as we are from Tulsa. I have dove off of Oahu, Hi on business and we wouldn't mind getting to another lake that has a tad better vis (Wife enjoyed Tenkiller but would like to see better than 10ft vis) and it would be a good get away for us as we are always busy and with kids its hard to get away every weekend to dive. We want to get in ALOT of diving over the weekend to hone our skills and see some sites. Thanks in advance for any info you guys/or gals can give us.

-Wes

Jordans Landing on Lake Northfork is a nice place with a dive shop on the boat dock. That's not too much farther, just south of Springfield on the Ark state line.

Mike from Aqua F/X and I will be going to Norfork lake that weekend (3 days). You could always link up with us and head that way. Email Mike through his website www.aqua-fx.com if you decide to link up with us then.

I think we will be diving some of the "home" sites and gps verification on a few other sites that weekend.

Here's a link to Mike's calendar if you're interested in linking up with him in the future.

http://www.aqua-fx.com/calendar.htm

I have dove both, and I would persoanlly recommend Table Rock. Every time we go there we thoroughly enjoy diving there. Nothing wrong with Beaver, and it is a tad bit closer, we just really like Table Rock. Diving right by the dam is pretty popular for shore diving (I presume no boat). It gets really deep there (over 200') but doesn't crop off too fast and is a good gradual dive to whatever depth you feel comfotable. Gets pretty cold past 60' but the vis has always been great there. If you stay around 25'-30' and break open some muscles (use a knife or rock), the fish will fight over taking them out of your hand! It is an entertaining way to do a safety stop if you dive deeper, or just kill some time if you are getting bored. There is a ton of information on either lake at our map on www.lakediver.com if you click on their respective states and then on the site itself. Hope you have a great dive and let us know how it goes. My son is turning 3 that weekend, so no diving for me!

How far is the Dam or any other shore diving sites from Branson? I ask because we will be booking at a Hilton Family hotel and all I know are in Branson. Could anyone provide the best sites including the dam and possible maps or directions to those sites? I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris, do you you have any maps of the dive spots listed at your site? or coordinates/Lat Long or GPS of the sights?

Thanks Again!
Wes

There is a Lake Table Rock map on the site as well as some specific diving information if you care to check it out. Shoot me an email with more specific questions if you have them at contactus@lakediver.com! We have dove there several times.

They lake is right at Branson. Many routes to take to the lake. The dam has great Vis as been said and the Enchanted Forrest is next to it. Also, there is Jake's Point which is my favorite. I have not been lately so can not give you an update to the water Temp. I am going to try for this Sunday if everything goes right.

Floridawannabe:
They lake is right at Branson. Many routes to take to the lake. The dam has great Vis as been said and the Enchanted Forrest is next to it. Also, there is Jake's Point which is my favorite. I have not been lately so can not give you an update to the water Temp. I am going to try for this Sunday if everything goes right.
If you make it out ther, post conditions!

LakeScubaDiver:
If you make it out ther, post conditions!

Sorry about not getting back. I am not going diving that much this year. THIS YEAR REALLY SUCKS! The beginning of the year my GrandMother found outshe has cancer that went into her lungs. She is expected to only make it 6 months but she is on her seventh month now, which is great. Then about three weeks ago found out that my Father-in-law has cancer in his lungs and is stage 4. So, I am busy helping out and not Scuba diving, I have also canceled vacation this year. I so need it but I need to see my Grandmother in Wisconsin. Plus my Father-in-Law needs help around the house, more than I need fun. Guys have a good year and hope you all have great summers.

Back
Top Bottom