Memorial Day, will you be in a parade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was thinking about being in a parade this year, will you (anyone) be in one as well?

caymaniac:
I was thinking about being in a parade this year, will you (anyone) be in one as well?

I help teach a HS Marching Band.
They are in the parade, so I am in the parade (with them).

Enjoy the day,

Mike

caymaniac:

Will be in my hometown parade as well as participate in a 21 gun salute with our howitzers.
It's alot of fun people really enjoy it and all the "oldtimers" come out they have a big lunch of hotdogs and chilli at the VFW when the parade and service is over.

John

Going to help the local VFW post in SC put flags on our fallen hero's headstones while in here on family business. Did not bring any uniforms with me to participate in any fashion this year.

caymaniac:

I will but it with the Fire Department, i.e. don't have to march :)

Paul in VT

No parades in Iraq, I probably would have if I were back home as I am a member of the VFW and American Legion.

2Tours N Iraq`:
No parades in Iraq, I probably would have if I were back home as I am a member of the VFW and American Legion.

Be safe, two tours,
and thanks to you, and to all your comrades in arms.

May the parades, etc. that honor the spirit of today not apply to you as a Memorial, but as a show of gratitude.

Mike

Actually I was in Berlin, Germany. Im an old cold war vet and it was great to see Berlin. My job and security clearances kept me from traveling there during and 6 years after my time in. But I finally got to go there and see CheckPoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and portions of the wall. Pottsdam was cool to see too. Good way to spend a Memorial Day.....Berlin....beer ...and buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom