Memorable Unique tips you picked up only on Scubaboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine - I think I read that for a horizontal ascent, you hold your deflator straight out away from you (it would be over your head if you were vertical) and then adjust the deflator slightly up or down depending on how fast you want to ascend (up for slower, down for faster). I don't think it will work with your rear dump unless you get slightly head-above-feet and then adjust that angle based on how slow you want to go.

oh...I see. like an open airway...that should be fun to play around with.

I learned (on another board) that when diving with a thick, tight wetsuit, that covering each foot with a plastic shopping bag makes it much, much easier to get the foot to slip through the leg and foot hole of the wetsuit. When the foot is completely through the leg hole, then you remove the bag and use it on the other foot.

I also dump some dilute baby shampoo into my boots to slip into tight, cold water wetsuit boots that have no zipper.

I was solving the problem of a sluggishly venting valve. Worked a treat.

UPs suggestion about watching the debris in the water was another extremely useful one. In fact, I bumped the whole thread because I thought more new SB members should read it.

You know, we have a bunch of really good threads that ought to be sticky or articles or something . . . don't the rest of you think?

There have been so many things I've learned here, big and small, and unfortunatly I can't pinpoint all who have helped me. I think the most important thing I've learned is keeping an eye on things that until I joined this board I didn't think of enough. Stuff like buddy positioning, equip't care, and more importantly to think more about the things that can go wrong and be prepared. Haven't had or seen an incident since I started diving so I think I became overconfident and compalcent. Thanks to all!

My post with an Ebay link in it was cancelled so I guess that was my lesson for the day.:shakehead

Back plates aren't just for tech weenies
Try doubles they're fun
Gotta love the 7' hose
Invest in a dry suit, you'll love it!

Id have to agree with all of 'em

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom