Membrane drysuit or Neoprene drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well,,let me ask because there is no place close,,,I am 5' 11",,,192 lbs about a 42" chest.What size Fusion would I probably.If anything I will lose about 5 or 6 more lbs body weight. ask this here because the weight charts are sometimes off,,would like someone that actually has one or worn one...Thanks

I am 5'9" tall with a 46" chest but have muscular calves and discovered the Fusion that was supposed to fit, was too narrow in the lower legs preventing me from getting my feet in the booties. So I had to step up to a size to the 2XL/3XL.

I know several other people had the same problem, it has been brought to White's attention, and they have been very good about incorporating changes into the Fusion (changing the zipper direction, adding pockets, etc.) but I am not sure if the skinny calf problem has been resolved or not.

That said, even with the larger suit, the extra space has not been an issue due to the nature of the stretchy outer skin. The only bad advice I got from whites was in the tech skin size to go with it. It was suggested that I also go with a 2XL/3XL tech skin, and if I were to do it over, I would have went with an XL tech skin as the lenght is excessive on the larger skin and I don't think the lower leg portion of the skin would have been too small in diameter. Again it is not an issue in the water but out of the water the extra lenght of the torso in the skin does contribute to the pocket sag.

I am 5'11" and about 200 and the L/XL Fusion fits me perfectly... Even with a heavy undergarment I am good to go. It is a little tight in the legs, so it makes it a bit more difficult to get on, but it still very comfortabel to wear... Oh yeah, and that is with the Tech Skin...

Phil

at the expense of sounding ,well,any way,please explain the tech skin,,,,you wear thermal undergarment,and a "Tech skin"? with the fusion

The Fusion is a different type of drysuit in that it uses a drycore (normal drysuit) that is cut on the big side and then it has a skin over the top of that. Sport skin is Lycra, and the Tech skin is a thin neoprene/Lycra mix. Check out the Whites site for good pics and explanation...

Whites Diving | Fusion Dive Suit

Phil

The outer skin is stretchy and compresses the larger dry core and any wrinkles or folds in it so that the resulting suit fits snuggly and is streamlined regardless of the thickness of the undergarments, holiday weight gain, weight loss, etc.

It is the reason the Fusion swims so nicely and why a custom fit is not required to get both unrestricted mobility and good streamlining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom