Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Ruins (Bacolod City)
4027991898_83218c3f19_o.jpg

All I can say is WOW! This shot is spectacular.

In another thread, HowardE inquired about making photo mosaics. What I originally thought he had in mind wasn't what he really did but it sparked my interest again in doing something I've been meaning to do for years. Here's what I came up with, a picture of my wife constructed out of 1500 thumbnails of pictures from a recent holiday to the USA - if you look closely you'll see a number of scuba pics from Key Largo:D

It is being printed on A0 canvas and stretch framed as we speak. Can't wait to get the final product hanging on my wall. Seeing as each of the thumbnails is an 8 megapixel image by itself it means the final mosaic was HUGE, we're talking close to 8000 megapixels! I had to scale it down considerably but I think the A0 sized printed version is going to look awesome.

Heidi_Mosaic.jpg

Original picture - taken on the same vacation
Heidi.jpg

What program did you use to create that Deefstes?

Thanks all. I received the canvas yesterday evening and it looks stunning.

What program did you use to create that Deefstes?
I used Andrea Mosaic, the only free software I could find. There seems to be other applications available for sale that can do even more extravagant stuff but this one worked fine for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom