Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manila and some towns east of the metro recently got pummeled by typhoon ketsana (ondoy). i've lived practically all my life in a small town called cainta. my town was one of the hardest hit. fortunately my place is located on a hill and was spared from the devastation. here's my documentation of the disaster...

ortigas avenue extension the main road connecting the eastern rizal towns to metro manila at the height of the storm
3964384414_262357cf45_o.jpg

on my way to get some batteries i had to cross this street. flood water rampaging
3964387958_09c5bace71_o.jpg

flooded cars were everywhere. this was shot inside our village.
3963612563_740bace71f_o.jpg

a kid's school shoes washed away by neck deep waters the day after
3964361374_a49b7346c7_o.jpg

the black car in the foreground is owned by a close friend of mine. they stayed at my place during the flooding. his car is a mess
3964396150_662680d2dd_o.jpg

makeshift rafts enabled crossing the flooded highway
3963625067_77b1e5b521_o.jpg

3963628637_8fe2964d5a_o.jpg

full set can be viewed here Images from a disaster area

while we got hit hard, filipinos will prevail. as of this moment relief efforts are ongoing. there are still a lot of areas that are in knee-deep waters

Jon
It hits home much more when you post your pictures than the pictures from the TV.
I feel for these people, hopefully this will be the last storm of the season.

Jon
It hits home much more when you post your pictures than the pictures from the TV.
I feel for these people, hopefully this will be the last storm of the season.

thanks victor. it (the flood) became personal, a lot of my friends will be starting from scratch. one of my office staff literally lost her entire house only managing to save their kids and one mobile phone. according to the weather service we're still expecting about 4-5 more typhoons to come in based on the yearly average. i just hope we don't get hit as hard. the whole province were i live is located on the shores of laguna lake; water is not receding and we can only expect more flooding if it rains hard.

Jon,
Today is Thanksgiving in Canada, So I just wanted to say Thanks for sharing your photos. You are all on our minds over here.

Good Luck and Godspeed in rebuilding

Do you do video also or just stills?

Jon,
Today is Thanksgiving in Canada, So I just wanted to say Thanks for sharing your photos. You are all on our minds over here.

Good Luck and Godspeed in rebuilding

Do you do video also or just stills?

thank you on behalf the people of rizal province, philippines:)

i'm more into stills for both underwater & above water photography.

I got this guy after about a 10 minute wait. I couldn't get near the red lipped batfish as there was a crowd around him, so I had nothing but time to stake out this guy. He is about 1.5"

Attachments

• DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 68
Put together a short video clip from about a hour of footage of fifty or so Grey Caribbean Reef Sharks in a feeding behavior put on by Stuart Cove over off New Providence in the Bahamas.

[vimeo]7028143[/vimeo]

and a few stills ...

School_IMG_7721_s.sized.jpg

shark_IMG_7549_s.sized.jpg

sharks_eye_s_IMG_7745.sized.jpg

Full Sized Still Images at: Video - Sharks! - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

Wondering what to do with the footage, a video screen saver? Ideas?

Last edited:
Now THAT looks fun!
:D

Back
Top Bottom