Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron, I like the second pier shot best, maybe the convergence of the pilings to a vanishing point with the hills on the right. Jon, the shot of the grave markers with the big tree is perfect. Again, I think it's a really interesting composition with the vanishing point on the far right where the crosses disappear and the tree line meets them. The picture is somber, but dynamic. The brooding sky helps the ambience as well. Also enjoyed the second one, with the light giving way as the stone monuments curve into the distance. The arc of light from the upper right corner draws your eyes to center, then you follow it into the foreground like a dotted line.

@andy/larry: thanks for the kind words as always. :)

i would just like to share with you guys some sort of recognition i got a couple of days back. i was featured as photographer of the week by a national daily. thank you guys for being a major source of inspiration. :)

2820341433_f64769330f_o.jpg

the whole scanned article can be found here Picture Perfect - September 2, 2008

this thread rocks!!!

Finding pics of me is hard as I'm usually behind the camera, the quality is what it is as these are scanned.

Attachments

• Key_Largo.jpg
    Key_Largo.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Joe_Freezing_Key_Largo.jpg
    Joe_Freezing_Key_Largo.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Icelandl.jpg
    Icelandl.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Coz_joe's_Butt.jpg
    Coz_joe's_Butt.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 35
That's great work Jon, congrats. I liked your series of the American War Memorial. Looks like some Orton effet applied there? Perhaps my only beef with the pics would be the dark halo around the trees but excellent pictures all the same.

That's great work Jon, congrats. I liked your series of the American War Memorial. Looks like some Orton effet applied there? Perhaps my only beef with the pics would be the dark halo around the trees but excellent pictures all the same.

yup 40% orton :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom