Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Canon EOS 350D with standard kit lens, nothing special. The single most useful piece of equipment that I have bought though is probably my Tripod, I have a fairly decent Manfrotto.... Another useful piece of equipment is a remote shutter release with shutter lock functionality.
that make a lot of sense; and you're wrong the kit is way too special.
i,ve been thinking about replacing my old dinosaur EOS D300 by the D450; maybe it is about time since i'm green with envy.:D
any idea how much does it costs in SA (EOS D450)?
The only downside is that it takes as long to do the NR as it did to capture the exposure. So shooting a frame at 30 minutes shutter, takes another 30 minutes to process.
you are persistent and have alot of patience; but i surely pays.
really nice stuff.

A little late getting around to these. My son Aaron took me to the Infineon Superbike race for my birthday and I played with my $100 manual focus E-Bay 400mm lens.

5-17-08InfinionSuperbikeRace621crop.jpg

5-17-08InfinionSuperbikeRace386crop.jpg

5-17-08InfinionSuperbikeRace617pssm.jpg

5-17-08InfinionSuperbikeRace520crop.jpg

5-17-08InfinionSuperbikeRace475sm.jpg

5-17-08InfinionSuperbikeRace1011cro.jpg
love the bike shots, larry

Some Black & White work. I enjoy B&W but its a genre where I still have plenty to learn.

Stonehenge. This never really was a particularly good picture but with B&W and some moderate Orton effect I think it came out as something remotely useable. The Orton effect is probably a bit overdone and the realism of the scene is lost but I prefered the surreal look of this one.
2001-12-09_09-39-09_edit.jpg

Another panorama, this one of Hout Bay in Cape Town. This is AndyT's neck of the woods and a beautiful city. I was trying for an Ansel Adams feel and while I will never be anything close to him, this was as close as I could come.
2002-08-06_14-57-02_edit.jpg

Entrance to the Louvre Museum, Paris.
2005-01-22_16-37-30_edit.jpg

Waterville, Co. Kerry, Ireland. Again I employed some Orton effect but much more sparingly this time.
2003-03-11_15-48-15_edit2.jpg

Statue in Powerscourt Gardens, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. Most people seem to like this picture but I personally feel it's just getting a tad too cheesy.
010923151202_edit.jpg

Thanks Gio. Deefstes, hate to say it but I love the last one. It's not the subject, but the composition and the sky. Awesome shot & great use of black & white.

Wow, those are some seriously brilliant shots all. Me being a motorcycle fan, I love the bike pics. Actually the perfection of the rider of having everything in line; his head, body, everything.

simply awesome monos dude! love them all!

Some Black & White work. I enjoy B&W but its a genre where I still have plenty to learn.

Stonehenge. This never really was a particularly good picture but with B&W and some moderate Orton effect I think it came out as something remotely useable. The Orton effect is probably a bit overdone and the realism of the scene is lost but I prefered the surreal look of this one.
2001-12-09_09-39-09_edit.jpg

Another panorama, this one of Hout Bay in Cape Town. This is AndyT's neck of the woods and a beautiful city. I was trying for an Ansel Adams feel and while I will never be anything close to him, this was as close as I could come.
2002-08-06_14-57-02_edit.jpg

Entrance to the Louvre Museum, Paris.
2005-01-22_16-37-30_edit.jpg

Waterville, Co. Kerry, Ireland. Again I employed some Orton effect but much more sparingly this time.
2003-03-11_15-48-15_edit2.jpg

Statue in Powerscourt Gardens, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. Most people seem to like this picture but I personally feel it's just getting a tad too cheesy.
010923151202_edit.jpg

Wow, Deefstes... That Orange River pic is absolutely amazing... It's a fabulous turnabout, with the sky providing the colors against an austere landscape...

I'd frame that one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom