Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool! Quality pool shots are harder than you might think. I posted an account of my experience shooting a band in a pool for an album cover a few months ago, and I was surprised by how tough it was to get good color (most pool bottoms and sides create a big cyan problem). I ended up shooting at night to get some decent shots. Samples are at Deluge Album Samples Anyway, family pool shots is a great idea and something to think about as a moneymaker for next summer. -Clay

Very cool! Quality pool shots are harder than you might think. I posted an account of my experience shooting a band in a pool for an album cover a few months ago, and I was surprised by how tough it was to get good color (most pool bottoms and sides create a big cyan problem). I ended up shooting at night to get some decent shots. Samples are at Deluge Album Samples Anyway, family pool shots is a great idea and something to think about as a moneymaker for next summer. -Clay

dude! amazing pool shots you have there! :god: what the band is this?

nice shots Louisianadiver... that shot of the keyboardist playing is hilarious.... he looks like he's gonna pass out!

Jonix: They're a Christian band from a local church, but I don't know who they are. I was simply referred to them by a dive shop and they hired me.

Pakman: Some of the guys were more comfortable in the water than others. The best subject was the bass player, and the shot of him "surfing" on the bass is my personal favorite. I had to keep the group poses very simple, and even then it was hard to get the group into a pose with enough time for me to shoot before one of them bolted for the surface.

I found that the key to quality shots was to shoot almost entirely by strobe light. I liked the composition of the wide angle (ambient) shots, but they were almost entirely an unattractive cyan color due to reflection off the bottom and sides of the pool. So I took all the color out of the ambient shots and presented them as black and white. The cyan bloom during the day was so strong that I couldn't get rid of it even with strobes (twin Ike 125's) cranked to full power and shutter speed at max synch from very close distances. I got a few shots late in the afternoon with the light patterns on the faces and bottom, but the best shots were taken at night. It was harder than I thought it would be, but still a nice check for a shoot that I didn't have to leave town for. Thanks for the kudos. -Clay

t'is the season....
2039424801_313c3783c2_o.jpg

Caloy, that would have been a better shot if you were buck naked... :joke:

Back
Top Bottom