Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all.
Trying my hand at being a little artistic.

Widowmaker117Dec2006.jpg

Very nice Marc.....
Those pillar coral polyps are so beautiful...

Any chance of seeing this photo with a bit more light on it?
Or did you deliberately underexpose the photo??

Nice composition and I like the blues.

Btw, your artistic shot is wonderful :)
The B&w works really well here

Jamdiver:
Those pillar coral polyps are so beautiful...
Yes, that they are. First time I saw one I went home and tried immediately to id it. At first glance I thought it was an encrusting gorgonian, until I realize it was a hard coral. Eventually took a little frag that is growing in my tank.

Any chance of seeing this photo with a bit more light on it?
Or did you deliberately underexpose the photo??
Yep, that was my intent. Kinda was going for a shadowy look.

Btw, your artistic shot is wonderful :)
The B&w works really well here
Do you recognise where that is? Exiting Widowmaker. Went for the first time on Sunday.

I had a hard time turning that picture B/W. Ended up using the Halftone pattern in PSC. What is the usual way to do it?

Fastmarc:
Yes, that they are. First time I saw one I went home and tried immediately to id it. At first glance I thought it was an encrusting gorgonian, until I realize it was a hard coral. Eventually took a little frag that is growing in my tank.

Yep, that was my intent. Kinda was going for a shadowy look.

Do you recognise where that is? Exiting Widowmaker. Went for the first time on Sunday.

I had a hard time turning that picture B/W. Ended up using the Halftone pattern in PSC. What is the usual way to do it?

Yeah converting colour to b&w is fairly difficult in image editing programs.
Especially when it comes to get the kind of contrast and tones that you want....

They're many schools of thought on how to do this.
My best bit of advice is do a search on how to do this in your image editing program using google.

I use Photoshop, not so sure about how to do it in PSC??

Oh those sunsets are beautiful.
Please keep these wonderful pictures comming, it's a gray, frosty, misty morning here in middle england and I am at work.
I need something uplifting to keep me going.

Marc, love the pillars! Jon, your sunsets are just awesome. The one with the multiple sun rays reflecting off the water is especially nice, but I really like the first one as well. The colors on the last two are just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom