Member Status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it's actually number of posts. There used to be a "star rating" years ago (you had a star added for every so many posts up to 5 stars) and I think the "Junior/Senior" rating is the current evolution of that system.
Ber :lilbunny:

There's a General Forum Usage FAQ entry that explains everything.

For example, right now, you have 1.5 stars (minimum 25 posts) and you show up as a "Junior Member" (25 - 49 posts).

(With 5000 or more posts, you could become a "ScubaBoard Guru", which certainly does not mean you know everything and are always calm and in control of yourself... we have some *doozies* in that classification. :D)

(Note: If Ber Rabbit were not staff, she'd be one of the enlightened gurus, but read a few weeks, and you'll find the... emboldened... gurus out there. :wink:)

ClayJar you are too good :D
Ber :lilbunny:

how can I get promoted to "Person of Pottery" status? :D
Ah, yes, the inevitable question. Well, first, you must *be* the title...

Um... there were some steps after that, too, but I don't seem to remember where I left the manual. I think there were glazed looks involved, or maybe cotton terrors or something like that. Wasn't there something about killin'?

Oh forget it! Just go with the default business answer and throw money at the problem. :biggrin:

(If anyone doesn't know, the ability "...to setup your own custom user title in your User CP to appear under your name (instead of New Member, Regular Member, Moderator etc.)" is one of the perks supporting members get as thanks for their monetary support. Note, however, that special treatment is absolutely *NOT* one of the perks -- the only perks for jerks are bans. :D)

Well, the linked FAQ entry pretty much summed it up, and when we get stuck with a finished thread, we tend to get a little... entertaining. :biggrin:

(At least we're helpful comedians. :D)

There's a General Forum Usage FAQ entry that explains everything.

For example, right now, you have 1.5 stars (minimum 25 posts) and you show up as a "Junior Member" (25 - 49 posts).

(With 5000 or more posts, you could become a "ScubaBoard Guru", which certainly does not mean you know everything and are always calm and in control of yourself... we have some *doozies* in that classification. :D)

(Note: If Ber Rabbit were not staff, she'd be one of the enlightened gurus, but read a few weeks, and you'll find the... emboldened... gurus out there. :wink:)

I think I need to know my way around this board a little better. Thanks now I get it! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom