Megalodon Shark Tooth Divers Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Megalodon Shark Tooth Divers Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some openings for Megalodon tooth dive trips for these dates. Call for details. The boat is the "Spearit" out of Topsail Beach and Tom Collins is the captain. Aug. 20 and 21 (3) spots open. Sept. 10 and 11 (2) spots open. Sept 24 and 25 (1) spot open. Oct 8 and 9 (3) spots open. Nov 5 and 6 (4) spots open.

Thanks,
Matt O'Neill

http://www.charlestondiving.com/pics/teeth.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you provide some details such as costs, number of dives, etc. Also the video looks staged. What can a normal diver expect to find?

Walter:
Why don't you provide some details such as costs, number of dives, etc. Also the video looks staged. What can a normal diver expect to find?

The video is by no means staged. That's ridiculous. After 16 of these dives and hundreds of teeth, I can say that it looks exactly as the video shows. The types of divers we're looking for already know quite a bit about this type of diving and many have already done it. I'm just looking for two more people to go so that I don't have to cancel the trip. I'm booking someone elses boat. I pay like everyone else. Any questions they can call me.

Matt O'Neill

Matt, I never said it was staged, I said it looks staged. If that's an accurate representation, I'm extremely interested. I've made over 150 fossil dives, have over 13,000 shark teeth, but less than 25 megs.

How many dives? What is the depth? Are bottom times limited? What's the cost?

Walter:
Matt, I never said it was staged, I said it looks staged. If that's an accurate representation, I'm extremely interested. I've made over 150 fossil dives, have over 13,000 shark teeth, but less than 25 megs.

How many dives? What is the depth? Are bottom times limited? What's the cost?

Sorry, it just irks me when someone says it looks staged because I've heard it twice before. This video was made to show those that have never done it what to expect when they get down there and what to look for. It also helps you to see that you have to fan the area around the last place where you found a tooth on the top of the gravel bed because it means that you've found a feeding area. 10 or 20 million years ago this was an area where the Megalodons fed on whales and lost lot of teeth. There are lots of whale rib bones and such but we just want the teeth. There are two old river bed ledges . One is about 25 miles out off of the coast of Wilmington and is 93 to 96 feet deep. The other one is 38 miles out and is 103 to 107 feet deep. The further one out produces fewer but larger teeth on the top. The nearer ledge produces more but sometimes smaller teeth and you can fan the silt to find more teeth below in better condition. I've got over 100 teeth and usually average 10 or 20 teeth per dive. Many are in good condition and 95% are Meg's. Last time I went in March I had two teeth over 6" and one about 5 1/2 ".

We do two dives on Saturday and two dives on Sunday. We take a max of 6 people. There is a hotel right next to the boat in Topsail Beach,NC. The boat is a 29 foot Pilot House type with twin Yamaha 250's. The cost is $125.00 per day for the two dives. You need Nitrox, 34% or 35% at the deep ledge, and 35% or 36% at the shallow one. I tweek it in as close as I can to 1.4 PO2 without going over to get every minute of bottom time that I can. It 's best to have at least a steel 95 or 108 or larger or a High pressure 100 or 120. You'll need lots of gas. We try to stay out of decompression but carry pony bottles as a saftey tank. I fill mine with 40%. You'll need a cave reel as we tie up to the anchor line and then got out for the teeth.

Thanks for the info! I'll start checking to see which dates I can get away to join you. Is there a place nearby to rent the large nitrox cylinders?

Walter:
Thanks for the info! I'll start checking to see which dates I can get away to join you. Is there a place nearby to rent the large nitrox cylinders?

I believe Captain Tom rents HP 100's and 120's.

Here's what's left.

I have some openings for Megalodon tooth dive trips for these dates. Call for details. The boat is the "Spearit" out of Topsail Beach, NC and Tom Collins is the captain. Aug. 20 and 21 (2) spots open. Sept. 10 and 11 (1) spot open. Sept 24 and 25 (1) spot open. Oct 8 and 9 (3) spots open. Nov 5 and 6 (4) spots open. Call Matt at xxx xxx xxxx

Walter:

This is just a "for your info"

Aug. 20 and 21 (2) spots open. Sept. 10 and 11 is full. Sept 24 and 25 (1) spot open. Oct 8 and 9 (3) spots open. Nov 5 and 6 (4) spots open. Call Matt

Back
Top Bottom